Secrets of the Phoenix is a Gamesys exclusive slot that is innovatively designed and extremely fun to play. It has 25 pay lines, and five reels. It also has an Aztec theme, as many slots do, but you will find a tumbling reels feature that means you can keep winning more and more money as winning symbols disappear and new ones take their place.
OK, you might say that there are already a number of games that offer tumbling reels, but this is just one aspect of Secrets of the Phoenix that makes it the enthralling slot that it is.
The Object of the Game
As with any slot, the main aim of the game is to achieve winning symbol combinations and win money! The more the reels tumble, the closer you will be to reaching the bonus round (see below) and this is where the big money can be won.
Secrets of the Phoenix Slot in Action
The Bonus Round
What makes Secrets of the Phoenix so different to many slot machines that there are online is firstly, how you go about entering the bonus round, and secondly what you find when you reach it.
The Secrets of the Phoenix Bonus
As the reels tumble (when you match winning combinations of symbols), you progress further up the bonus round set of steps. Not only does climbing the steps trigger the bonus feature, but it also dictates how many free spins you receive when reaching the bonus round. By achieving four winning ?tumbles? in a row, you are awarded 7 free spins in the bonus round and this rises to 10, then to 15, 20, and a maximum 25 free spins.
When you trigger the bonus round you are transported into what can only be described as slot purgatory. Here the game changes as wild symbols appear more often and you can win additional free spins as you go on.
How to Play Secrets of the Phoenix Slot
- Firstly, you need to set your wagering denomination (or coin value). With this game it ranged from 1p, right through to ?8. When starting out playing the game for the first time then it might be advisable to choose a lower coin value, perhaps 1-20p.
- Unlike most other slots there is no flexibility regarding how many lines you can cover ? this is set at 25 lines. To calculate how much your total bet per spin is, simply multiply your coin value by 25. For example a 1p line bet x 25 lines = 25p per spin.
- Now that you have chosen how much you are going to be wagering each game, you simply need to hit the spin button (not literally!) and the reels will rotate.
- Unlike many slots, the reels move quite quickly so there is no need, and therefore no option to stop them. Reels on some other games take a long time to spin, which can get pretty tedious, which is why a stop function is sometimes included.
- Wins are calculated as per the paytable. Information on potential winning can be seen below.
- All wins pay left-to-right. This means that winning symbol combinations are only valid if they begin in the left-hand-side reel. Some online slots differ, in that they pay both ways.
- Disconnections and malfunctions in the game will be voided. This goes whether you have hit the jackpot, or haven?t won a penny, with your spin
Secrets of the Phoenix Paytable
By clicking on the button that says ?paytable?, you will be provided with all the information about the game. There are different tabs that can be clicked on to view all the details about the game:
Cascade Button. This tells the player about the cascading reels feature of the game, which is a good place to start if you haven?t played a slot with this feature before.
Base Game Paytable. To find out what winning symbols you need to have appear on the screen, you can click on this tab. We have also included this information, above.
Free Spins. This briefly explains the bonus round. Click on this tab when you are in the game to find out more about how the free spins bonus round works
Rules. Again, most of this information has already been provided in this guide; although when you are in the game, just click on this tab for the basics on how to play.
New to the Game?
If you haven?t played on Secrets of the Phoenix slot before then you might want to check out the demo version first. It plays exactly the same as the real money version, but you are playing with demo cash, rather than your own bank balance. This is a great way to get accustomed with the different features of the game.
So there we are ? that is our introductory guide to playing Secrets of the Phoenix. If you would like to get in touch or leave any feedback on the information we have provided, then please click here to visit the contact screen.